The Macon Water Authority
790 Second Street • Macon, GA 31202-0108 • (478) 464-5600
The Mission of the Finance Department is to provide exceptional customer service to both our internal and external customers by providing responsible, consistent and timely financial accountability for the Macon Water Authority.
The Finance department is responsible for exceeding the expectations and needs of our external and internal customers in an efficient and responsive manner.
The Finance Department strives to deliver on these responsibilities to our customers through a number of actions that ensure the Macon Water Authority is in compliance with:
· Governmental Accounting Standards
· Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Financial Accounting Standards
· Federal & State Financial Regulations
· Financial Investment Standards
· Internal Policies, Procedures & Rules
The Finance Department is responsible for all financial management activities of the Macon Water Authority and for providing financial guidance and leadership in the following areas.
· Treasury Leadership
· Operational Forecasting & Budgeting
· Capital Budgeting
· Financial Reporting including the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
· Transactional Accounting
· Vendor Relationships & Payments
· Customer Receivables
· Purchasing Administration
· Supply Chain Management
The Finance Department acts as financial advisor to all operating departments and staff at the Macon Water Authority and provides assistance in preparing, compiling and reporting an operating budget, a capital budget and long range capital plans annually.
The Macon Water Authority’s’ Finance Department was awarded the “Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting” by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada in 2010. This was the fourteenth consecutive year that the Authority has been recognized for exceptional financial reporting.