Macon Water Alliance
The Macon Water Alliance (also known as The Macon Water Environmental Education, Inc.) is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit subsidiary of the Macon Water Authority.
The MWA established the Macon Water Alliance to:
- Support local community education on environmental issues
- Solicit donations and funds for the enhancement of local educational activities in STEM resources
- Offer water and sewer resource assistance to Macon-Bibb County residents
- Provide assistance to Middle Georgia residents for residential water-related plumbing repairs
Our Mission & Vision
- Mission – To work with relevant partners to ensure that residents of Middle Georgia are provided access to environmental education, environmental programs, and clean drinking water, regardless of personal economic condition.
- Vision – Build a stronger, more unified Middle Georgia through environmental engagement, education, and partnership.
How The Alliance Board Works
The Macon Water Alliance is governed by a five-member policy board, consisting of four MWA Board Members and the Executive Director/President of the Authority. Macon Water Alliance Members serve two consecutive two-year terms, which begin on January 1 of Year 1 and end on December 31 of Year 2, after two consecutive terms of office.
An Alliance Board Member may serve two consecutive, full two-year terms or any portion of an unexpired term to which a member is appointed and does not constitute the full two-year term.
Recommendation of appointment for expiring Alliance Board Member terms will be placed on the Macon Water Alliance Board Meeting Agenda during the fourth quarter prior to term expiration. In the event of a vacancy of a Board Member, the recommendation of an appointment to fill an unexpired term that is vacated by a Member should be placed on the Macon Water Alliance Agenda to be discussed at the next scheduled Board Meeting.