Posted January 25, 2024
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
The Macon Water Authority (MWA) compensation philosophy states that the starting salary for each pay grade will be competitive and fair based on the minimum requirements of each position. For candidates with a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience above the minimum requirements, MWA has the ability to offer a starting salary between the minimum and mid-point, with a possibility of a salary closer to the mid-point.
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor performs a variety of duties related to coordinating and supervising the day-to-day repairs and maintenance of Macon Water Authority’s fleet. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work activities in order to meet objectives. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor hires subordinate staff. This role also provides guidance and direction regarding complex or difficult maintenance and repair activities.
– Coordinates and monitors work activities for Macon Water Authority’s fleet maintenance; develops and oversees employees work schedules and inspects completed work.
– Works with other departments on any concerns and issues regarding fleet maintenance; enters and maintains work orders and related data; runs and submits reports of daily activities, work orders, etc.
– Estimates vehicle and equipment repair costs; evaluates repair needs and cost of parts and labor.
– Provides recommendations to department heads on vehicle and equipment maintenance and repairs; responds to and report fleet related emergencies.
– Assists with making recommendations of replacement vehicles using analytical data coupled with personal experience and knowledge of each equipment to ascertain the true viability of each to maximize our return on investment while assuring equipment will meets reliability needs.
– Outsources maintenance and repair services outside of Macon Water Authority’s scope of in-house services; obtains price quotes and negotiates the best price for all maintenance and repair services.
– Monitors progress of repairs and ensure repairs are completed. Provides progress and activity reports to management; initiates corrective actions as needed.
– Provides guidance and direction regarding complex or difficult maintenance and repair activities; assists with maintenance and repair activities; inspect, repair, and maintain as needed, and provides technical assistance and conducts research.
– Utilizes computerized maintenance software, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date backlog status, ensuring accuracy of information on maintenance work orders, adjusting preventative maintenance labor hours based upon actual work, analyzing feedback reports for improvements and/or additional work requirements.
– Ensures adequate equipment availability, tools, parts, and materials to conduct work activities; initiates requests for new or replacement equipment/tools.
– Operates or uses various equipment, power tools, hand tools, and supplies to complete work assignments; operates and maintains vehicle diagnostic equipment, shop tools, and other tools and equipment.
– Supervise the Fleet Tracking Automatic Vehicle Locator (AVL) software. Ensures vehicles and parameters are set up and monitored.
– Prepares/completes various forms, reports, schedules, accident reports, and performance appraisals.
– Assists with training and instructing fleet staff regarding operational procedures and proper use of equipment.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– High school graduate or equivalent.
– 1 to 3 years of supervisory experience.
– Basic knowledge of technical training in automotive services, auto mechanics, or a related field; supplemented by five years of experience in maintaining and repairing automobiles or medium/heavy trucks is preferred.
– Valid Driver’s license.
– Frequent walking, bending, stooping, crouching.
– Occasional sitting, crawling, climbing, or balancing.
– Ability to lift to waist level, pull, and push up to 50 pounds, occasionally over 50 pounds.
– Use hands for simple grasping, writing, drawing, and operating office equipment.
– Ability to grasp and hold.
Please download the application and submit itApplication
"*" indicates required fields