Posted September 12, 2023
The Macon Water Authority (MWA) compensation philosophy states that the starting salary for each pay grade will be competitive and fair based on the minimum requirements of each position. For candidates with a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience above the minimum requirements, MWA has the ability to offer a starting salary between the minimum and mid-point, with a possibility of a salary closer to the mid-point.
Works with skilled mechanics performing preventative maintenance and repairs to all water and wastewater treatment equipment. This includes but is not limited to tanks, pumps, motors, boilers, compressors, generators, conveyors, presses, hydraulics, pneumatics, valves, actuators, exhaust fans, etc.
· Follow safety guidelines as outlined by OSHA. Included but not limited to:
o Confined space entry
o Fall Protection
o Hazardous Conditions
o Chemical Exposure
· Responsible for maintaining equipment at two Wastewater treatment plants, one water treatment plant, all lift stations, and water distribution sites throughout Bibb County
o Must comply with regulatory agency permits and guidelines.
· Completes installation, repair, and maintenance of industrial equipment
· Identify and repair problematic parts of machines/equipment by running tests, making temporary repairs, or installing new parts as needed
o Equipment can include but is not limited to:
§ Pumps (centrifugal, vertical turbines, rotary lobe, progressive cavity, etc.)
§ Rotary Presses
§ Valves(Plug, butterfly, gate, ball, etc.)
§ Compressors(electric and gas)
§ Blowers (centrifugal, rotary lobe)
§ All other equipment related to water and wastewater treatment
· Perform preventive maintenance and identify potential issues
· Able to use maintenance equipment such as, but not limited to:
o Overhead crane
o Boom truck(15 and 30 ton capacities)
§ Must have the ability to obtain CDL within 24 months
§ Will be trained in the operation, signaling, and rigging of this equipment
o Portable compressor
o Bypass pumps
· Ability to use a wide range of tools, from basic hand tools to precise measuring tools, including, but not limited to:
o Laser alignment(Training provided)
o Smart Checker diagnostic tool(Training provided)
o Load bank tester(Training provided)
o Power tools
o Cutting torch
o Hand tools(wrenches, hammers, torque wrench, etc.)
· Perform electrical checks and be able to isolate and disconnect/reconnect power to motors and components.
· Ability to utilize computers, including programs such as:
o Cityworks (maintenance record software)
o Microsoft Office email
o Access server for the use of manuals, photos, job descriptions, forms
Monitors SCADA system daily for proper operation of water/wastewater systems
· Ability to read drawings
Civil, Pipe, Structure, Mechanical, and Electrical drawings
· Ability to prioritize and coordinate maintenance work.
· Read/follow equipment instructions and drawings and complete maintenance records.
· Must be available to take on-call duties
· Must be able to work alone and with little supervision
High school graduate or equivalent
Valid Georgia Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
Candidates selected must obtain either a Class III Wastewater Treatment, Distribution, or Collections system license within two years of employment.
Ability to carry 50 pounds or more.
Frequent standing, stooping, occasionally sitting, crawling, crouching, climbing, and balancing.
May occasionally require climbing and may involve traveling over various terrain.
Ability to grasp and hold.
Environmental Working Conditions:
The position requires some exposure to working outside, insect bites/stings, poisonous plants, and possibly reptiles.
Frequent exposure to dry conditions, high and low humidity, wetness, and inclement weather.
Exposure to dust, outside work, sunburn, and moving objects (such as heavy equipment or road traffic).
Occasional exposure to working over water, at heights, and in confined spaces.
Exposure to chemicals includes, but is not limited to:
Gasoline Diesel Fuel
Motor Oil Hydraulic Oil
Natural Gas Exhaust fumes
Asphalt/Tar Liquid Lime
The Macon Water Authority job application can be downloaded here (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader). Please complete the application and submit it one of three ways, along with your resume: email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 478-741-2629, or come to our Administrative Building and complete an application. The address is 537 Hemlock Street, Macon, Georgia, 31201. Because of the high volume of applicants for employment, we are unable to speak with you individually about your application. All applicants will be reviewed, and those selected for the hiring process will be contacted.
Please download the application and submit itApplication
"*" indicates required fields